Thanks @foreverborrowed for beautifully highlighting this gentle reminder:
Having an unplugged ceremony can be a wonderful choice for several reasons:
1. Guest Engagement: It encourages your guests to be fully present in the moment rather than being distracted by their devices. They can better enjoy and participate in the ceremony.
2. Professional Photos: It ensures that your professional photographer captures the ceremony without the interference of guests’ devices, resulting in higher-quality photos.
3. Respect for Privacy: Protects the privacy of your ceremony. You have control over what gets shared online, if at all.
4. Reduced Distractions: Minimizes the distractions of phones ringing, screens lighting up, or guests trying to get the perfect shot, allowing for a more serene atmosphere.
5. Emotional Connection: Encourages an emotional connection between you and your guests, as they focus on your special moment rather than documenting it.
6. Unplugged Vows: If you write your own vows, it ensures that your words are heard and felt by your guests without the click-clack of typing or the glare of screens.
Ultimately, an unplugged ceremony can help create a more intimate and memorable experience for you and your loved ones.
Photo by @neva_michelle